Born in 1991 in Teslić, the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Dragan Sarić took refuge in the Netherlands at a very young age. Growing up in a foreign country Dragan often felt confused, anxious and alienated from his surroundings. After attaining a master’s degree in sociology in 2016, Dragan took up photography as a means for exploring and expressing his inner world which he feels is strongly connected to the societal issues we face today. In combining two disciplines, Dragan puts himself in uncomfortable situations where he can re-live social fallacies, aiming to understand, reveal and discuss what’s hidden beneath the surface. Dragan has lived and worked in Utrecht and Taipei and is currently based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 2016 – Utrecht University – MSc in Sociology
- 2019 – Mobile Photography Awards – honourable mention.
- 2020 – VOX-POP Amsterdam – part of group exhibition.
- 2020 – Fotolab KieKie Amsterdam – part of Kiekie-art collection.
- 2021 – Taipei – Production/print photobook dummy project HOMH.
- 2022 – Passepartout Photo Prize – 4th Edition 2021 Feature.