Born in Teslić, the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Dragan Sarić took refuge in the Netherlands at a very young age. After attaining a master’s degree in sociology from the University of Utrecht, Dragan took up photography as a means for exploring societal issues, combining the two disciplines. Dragan’s current work aims to explore and debate social discrepancies, visualizing feelings that have yet to surface the societal plane. His current interests include identity politics and the society of the spectacle. As of the time of this writing, Dragan is currently based in Taiwan, working as a freelance-artist.
- 2014 – Utrecht University of Applied Sciences – attained bachelors degree in Business Administration.
- 2016 – Utrecht University – attained masters (MSc) degree in Sociology.
- 2019 – Mobile Photography Awards – honourable mention @ 9th iteration.
- 2020 – VOX-POP Amsterdam – “THE LOCKDOWN” as part of the www.roaring2020s.nl online group exhibition.
- 2020 – Fotolab KieKie Amsterdam – “THE LOCKDOWN” as part of the Kiekie-Art collection.